Thursday, February 24, 2011

Facebook Ad Fail - Livingsocial

I am all about these new coupon groups - Scoutmob, Groupon, Half Off Depot, Livingsocial, etc. I love a good deal, especially when it's for a place of business that I prefer and love or if it's for a new place I've been wanting to try but haven't had a reason to.

I am also for making a bucket list - you know, a list of things to do before you 'kick the bucket.' But how do coupons and bucket lists go together? Apparently, through Facebook ads!

Exhibit A:
I don't know about you, but I don't think that having a camel ride a bike through the vast desert of Atlanta, GA was ever or will ever be on my bucket list.

Exhibit B:
Not sure who thought this would be a good idea!? Go go gadget tank of water? I think this guy has watched Iron Man one too many times.

Exhibit C:
Yes! Please cut me a coupon of mighty Livingsocial for Six Flags Over Georgia so I can ride The Great American Scream Machine on roller skates! That's definitely a way to kick the bucket early...

Exhibit D:
When I grow up, I want to be just like this guy! Especially if there is a coupon for it.

Exhibit E:
Maybe this was supposed to be a coupon to see Cirque Du Soleil, not join the cast.

Exhibit F:
Screw swimming with dolphins - let's swim with the monkey!

Exhibit G:
I know you have seen this in a previous blog post, but I am bringing it back just to reiterate the point that this is an ad for Atlanta, not Niagara. I wonder if the Livingsocial ads for Niagara, NY have a photo of the fountain at Centennial Olympic Park in it.

Because Livingsocial has such an amazing ad campaign, Groupon even decided to jump on their bucket list theme and create an ad of their own to share on Facebook. I now present you with Exhibit H:


I can't tell if this is two sphinx making out or if you can get a coupon to cover yourself in wet sand and then kiss another sand monster. Either way, I'm sure it's a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment