Monday, February 28, 2011

The Oscars: The Good, The Bad, and The Just Plain Hideous!

Everyone loves the Oscars. Whether you watch it to see if your favorite critic movie wins, or if you are into what everyone is wearing, there is something for everyone to enjoy at this award show. I typically enjoy watching to see how good or bad the host does, especially with the opening scene.

I wasn't sure what to think when it was announced that Anne Hathaway and James Franco would be co-hosting the Oscars this year. I was a big fan of Billy Crystal and even Hugh Jackman as hosts, so these two youngsters had big shoes to fill. And I have to admit, they failed, miserably! I typically like Anne Hathaway, but she seemed to be overacting the whole night. And was it me or was James Franco high on something? It was childish and not very entertaining to watch. I just had a friend IM me and say, "But yeah, they need to bring back Billy Crystal or just have a holographic Bob Hope host." I couldn't agree with you more!

Another bad note was Cate Blanchett's dress. It looked like she rolled around in Dippin' Dots or she caught some disease that caused welts to grow on her clothing. Talk about fugly! While I think Melissa Leo wore her dress well, it looked like the designer took an old table cloth and turned it into a dress - like something out of a Project Runway challenge. I hope to god that Gwyneth Paltrow didn't pay someone to dress her for the night. Was she trying to dress like the Oscar statue?

Attire that impressed me were Hillary Swank, Mila Kunis, and Amy Adams. I thought they all looked stunning and wore Oscar-appropriate dresses. I also loved that Jennifer Hudson rocked her new body in her bright red dress.

Some of the highlights from the night were Melissa Leo dropping the f-bomb during her acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress, Kurt Douglas rambling on before announcing the winner for Best Supporting Actress, and Justin Timberlake claiming to be Banksy. I also enjoyed seeing Taylor Lautner's abs during the humorous "Bed Intruder" use of auto-tune spoof. And what night isn't complete without an apperance from the queen herself, Oprah!

Highlight of the night for sure!

Oh, and did I mention that I won the Oscar pool at my office this year with 18 correct predictions? Go me!
It's may not be an Oscar but I'll take it!
What did you think of the night's event?

No comments:

Post a Comment