Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pinterest is the New Black

I was recently introduced to a very cool site called Pinterest. At first, I didn't quite understand what it was all about, but now that I get it I am absolutely addicted. And here is why you should be, too!

What is Pinterest? In the words taken straight from the site, which of course describes it best:

"Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."
Pinterest Home Page
This site has opened my eyes to so many different recipes (for the husband to cook, of course), DIY projects, new places to travel to, decorations, awesome products, ideas I never would have thought about on my own, and even some great tips (i.e. photography) - basically anything of interest. The best part is that if the people pinning do it right initially (by grabbing it off the web), then when you click on a pin of interest it will take you back to the original website. This way you can shop for the product, see an entire recipe, or read information about the picture itself.

What's best about this site is that it's simple to use (once you figure it out). You basically have your own boards that you "pin" to. You can repin from other people that you follow, or you can choose the "Everything" option, which allows you to see what everyone on the site is pinning. You can like, tag and comment on other people's pins. It's a fun site that allows your creative juices to flow while seeing what other people are interested in.
My Boards
I also have enjoyed finding new quotes and photos that are absolutely hilarious. This has definitely allowed me to contribute to the daily humor email that I am on with some friends.

So request an invite and get pinning today! It definitely helps pass the time (along with Facebook stalking of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment