Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Macy's Registry Fail: Follow-Up

Back in July I blogged about the horrible experience my husband and I had with the Macy's registry department at the Lenox Square location in Atlanta, GA. Since then, the Regional Manager has been in contact with us with her deepest apologies and a few make-good items (pieces from our China set). While this has helped us with our perception of Macy's registry as a whole, it has not changed the fact that nothing was ever resolved by the Department Manager, LaRonda. She still never followed up with my husband's phone calls and E-mails, and we hadn't heard form her in months, until last week.

This is the E-mail I received from our dear friend, Laronda:

Dear Ilene:

 
We are having an October/November Completion Event beginning October 26 through November 13, you can take 20% off the regular, sale and clearance prices on most items* left on your registry.  This even includes electrics. This event is open to all wedding registries from January 2011 through November 13.
 
Please stop by or give me a call at 404-231-2601.   If you cannot make it in, just let me know what you need.  If the items you purchase total more than $50 and are not in stock in the store, I can ship them directly to you for FREE. 
 
Please email me if you would like to schedule an appointment. Please include your preferred date and time and I will confirm your appointment.
 
Thank you for registering at Macy’s.  I look forward to hearing from you!
 
Sincerely,
 
LaRonda Brewer
Macy’s Lenox Square

After being totally confused as to why this woman actually thought we would magically want to attend her store event and spend money to help her reach her sales goal after the way she and her employees treated us is beyond me. I know this is an E-mail sent to all of the brides who registered at her store, however it sickens me that after all of the back and forth her and my husband had, she didn't even remember us. So I did what I thought was right in this situation and forwarded her E-mail to my husband who so kindly responded:



LaRonda,

This was sent to my wife last week, but I felt that I should respond. To say that our experience with your store was less than satisfactory is an understatement.  While it is great that you are offering a discount, I feel it is important for you to know that we will NEVER make a purchase from the Lenox store's gift registry again. The service we received there was terrible. If you would like to understand more about our experience, my wife wrote a blog about it: http://sayingwhatyourethinkingsince1983.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html

Your regional manager did read and respond to the blog and. She did a lot of things to apologize, and our opinion of Macy's is not completely tarnished. That being said, we will not be attending this event, and please know, that we have advised all of our friends that when registering, they should avoid your store. If you do appointments, perhaps letting us know that when we were in the store the first time would have been a good thing. Customer Service goes a long way.

Sincerely,
Husband (Name left off on purpose)


Somehow, I doubt good 'ole LaRonda will reply at all, since it is in her fashion to ignore customer complaints and issues. While we will continue to shop at Macy's, as we have had great experiences with other stores and even other departments at the Lenox Square location, we will stand by our promise to never shop off their registry or go into that area of their store ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having terrible problems with Macy's and my registry as well. I've also been ignored by customer service and supervisors. Please share your stories using #macysregistryfail and tweet at Macys. Please share this with your friends if they have had any trouble as well. thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete