Monday, November 28, 2011

Blog Redemption: Delta

Last week I posted a blog entry about how Delta's customer service department failed me. After my post, my experience only worsened when my husband and I boarded our flight only to realize we were seated no where near each other (he got stuck in a middle seat next to a guy with horrible B.O., and I was stuck next to a man who snored the entire flight from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale). 

However, after posting my blog on Delta's Facebook page and linking it to their Twitter account, I was able to speak with competent Delta employees. Through Twitter, I started off by explaining my frustrations, especially once I was on the plane and my husband was seven rows behind me. I worked with an employee with initials WG who was great! He (I'm going to call him a male because I am unsure of the sex so my apologies if you are female) definitely was helpful and sympathetic. He checked into our return flight to ensure we were indeed seated next to each other. He also said that he was going to send my blog post to a manager, well above the supervisor who was so rude to me the previous day. While I was still very much upset with Delta, he helped tremendously and like I told him on Twitter, was a "breath of fresh air."

I was dreading calling Delta again today to have them refund my baggage fee for my flight tomorrow morning. I wasn't in the mood to explain the entire situation over again and I had zero faith that the jerk of a supervisor from last week actually followed through and made note of this in my file. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was; my call was pleasant and my situation was handled immediately with no questions asked. It was like all was calm and good in the world again with Delta, which is how my previous experiences have always been. 

I want to give a huge thumbs up to alias KT on Delta's Twitter account. She was who I conversed with today through direct message. She was not only was sympathetic, but being that she is also a supervisor, she was able to award my husband and I each a $50 voucher to use in the next year. While I wasn't looking for anything more than to get a manager or executive to call me and make this all right, I am very appreciative for her make-good. She also promptly called me to discuss the issues I had while trying to change my name with my Delta SkyMiles account, and to briefly discuss how rude the other supervisor was and what actions would be taken. I explained that the name change process needs to be fixed and made easier for future brides or anyone who legally changes their name. She agreed and said she would escalate this to the right people. Hopefully changes will be made in the future. 

Delta - you have reminded me why I am such a loyal customer, and for that I am grateful. The best thing your customer department has done is having your Twitter account, @DeltaAssist. The folks that work it are fantastic and should not be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment